If you manage a restaurant, the amount of paper needed for the daily implementation of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system will surely alarm you. Mainly for the verification of preventive and corrective measures, as well as the preparation of documents and records. Also, you will have checked more than once the difficulties of paper management when you want to unify protocols, access relevant data or compare metrics from different establishments. The truth is that today, a HACCP plan in restaurants without digitalization implies a huge loss of efficiency, with the consequent negative impact at the economic level.
In turn, paper waste is a less and less accepted measure in today’s society. Above all, by a growing consumer sector that penalizes companies that are not very committed to the environment.
Because of that, there are more and more restaurants that choose to digitalize their HACCP system to perform all the registrations and checklists necessary to comply with food quality and safety regulations.
However, if your restaurant’s HACCP plan is still based on paper management, the transition to a digital model may stun you, or it may seem too complex.
In that sense, although creating the restaurant’s first HACCP manual indeed requires a minimum investment of time, the advantages of digitalizing the different records and checklists quickly compensate for that small initial effort.
Mostly because having food security software not only makes the job much easier but also reduces it.
When choosing a digital tool for the implementation of the HACCP plan in restaurants, it is essential to take into account certain factors. Among them, the functionalities and features of the software, the updates that are made periodically, or customer service.
To digitalize the HACCP plan in restaurants with Selfaudit
In case you want to take the step of digitalizing (and simplifying) the HACCP plan of your restaurant, we can affirm that Selfaudit is a tool that will allow you to automate all the food safety controls of your establishment in an agile and precise way.
The advantages of this digitalization of the HACCP system in restaurants are many, but among them are the following:
- Improves the collection of any type of data by employees through a mobile application.
- All data is compiled on a single platform, avoiding the loss or misplacement of important documents.
- Comes with a PC management software from which you have access to all the information registered in any of the establishments.
- Allows reviewing the compliance of the HACCP plan of the restaurant from anywhere and in real-time. This becomes especially important in Restauration chains or if more than one location is available.
- Generates automatic (or manually) incidents in case of detecting any critical point, allowing to attach images. Being an automated process, any incident can be resolved remotely, without the need to travel there.
- Leads to important savings in paper, with the consequent positive impact at the environmental level, and economic also. The digitalization of the HACCP system in restaurants also implies a significant time saving, by not manually looking for the required documents.
- Improves communication between workers and managers, facilitating decision making.
- Allows obtaining a data history for future analysis and audits. This eases the process to detect what aspects to improve in the HACCP model of your restaurant.
Beyond being software for food safety, Selfaudit also allows you to create a record of other relevant data for the optimal management of your restaurant.
That is, it can function as a set of list checklist to guarantee, step by step, compliance with measures as diverse as:
- Cleaning procedures.
- The quality conditions of the different facilities of the restaurant (room, terrace, bathrooms, etc.).
- Marketing campaigns and promotions.
- The preventive maintenance plan for kitchen equipment.
- The energy efficiency measures of the premises.
- Proper management of a customer’s complaint.
HACCP example in a restaurant
One of the many examples of success in digitalizing the HACCP plan in restaurants is UDON, the well-known restaurant chain specializing in Asian food.
Thanks to the implementation of Selfaudit software, UDON has managed to reduce the time invested in daily mechanical tasks. For example, in recording data. This way, they’ve managed to increase their efficiency and, at the same time, the truth of the collected information.
At the same time, this measure has implied significant savings on paper, an improvement that is in line with their objective of responsibility towards the environment.
Another advantage of the implementation of the HACCP system with Selfaudit has been the faster and easier decision making. This has been possible, among other actions, thanks to the management of digitalized self-controls or the automatic communication of incidents.
Selfaudit, experts in food safety
In Selfaudit, we have extensive experience in the sector of food quality and safety.
Therefore, we will be happy to assess your case personally and advise you in the process of digitalizing your restaurant’s HACCP plan.
So, do not hesitate to contact our team and request a demo of our application.